Rehab Jigsaw is able to support public sector organisations to meet the demands on their services for occupational therapy assessments through partnership working, ensuring that people receive the right amount of help at the right time.
Rehab Jigsaw’s OTs are skilled clinicians and many have worked in local authorities delivering complex assessments. Rehab Jigsaw is able to work with public sector organisations including adult social care, children’s services and Clinical Commissioning Groups, NHS Trusts and Department of Work and Pensions to provide responsive and timely services to meet the needs of the communities they serve.
The Royal College of Occupational Therapists (RCOT) data indicates that despite making up just 4% of the regulated workforce, Occupational Therapists (OTs) address 35 – 45% of local authority referrals.
Rehab Jigsaw OTs work with public sector organisations to:
- Manage their waiting lists for assessment of need.
- Undertake assessments of need and make recommendations to increase personal independence.
- Advise people on self-management strategies.
- Signpost people to other sources of advice and support.
- Recommend assistive equipment and home adaptations.
- Review double handed care packages.
- Work with care providers to ensure that the level of formal care provided is appropriate.
- Advise on re-housing.
With ageing, illness and injury everyday activities that most people take for granted can become challenging or even impossible. Rehab Jigsaw OTs are able to focus on making the things that matter to people possible. We focus on the person’s ability to participate in daily life, to keep people as independent and safe as possible and to enable them to stay connected within their local community.