Schools & Education
Schools & Education
Rehab Jigsaw Occupational Therapists (OTs) work with children and young people themselves, their parents, families and school staff, to empower them with the skills necessary to support them to reach their very best potential.
Occupational therapy (OT) focuses on helping people with a physical, sensory, or cognitive disability to be as independent as possible in all areas of their lives. Rehab Jigsaws OTs can help children and young people with various needs improve their cognitive, physical, sensory, and motor skills and enhance their self-esteem, independence and sense of accomplishment. A child’s main occupation/role is playing and learning, and OTs can evaluate their skills for playing, school performance, and daily activities and compare them with what is developmentally appropriate for that age group.
Rehab Jigsaw OTs can provide professional assessment and advice to schools and further education providers to support children and young people with their optimum participation in learning and enjoyment of their educational experience.
Rehab Jigsaw OTs undertake on-site visits to:
- Assess the difficulties experienced.
- Discuss and evaluate options for overcoming these difficulties.
- Provide professional recommendations.
- Complete child / young person specific reports or environmental reports.
Rehab Jigsaw OTs are experts in:
- Assessing the physical environment and providing information on adaptation.
- Seating and desk advice to optimise the learning experience including positioning within the classroom.
- Assessing for small items of equipment to assist with participation in classroom activities, computer use.
- Assessments of children’s and young people’s activities of daily living.
- Assessment and advice for work experience / work placements for a young person with additional needs.
Rehab Jigsaw has OTs throughout the UK, many of whom are experienced working with both younger children and adolescents.
In addition to the above, we offer a range of services to schools and further education establishments to meet the needs of employees who experience illness or disability in the workplace. For further information please see our information on:
- Vocational rehabilitation.
- OTs in Occupational Health.
Testimonial‘Great occupational therapy report with clear recommendations for home and school for Charlotte’s complex needs.’
Children in England’s schools
Children aged 5 – 19
RCOT Improving Lives Saving Money 2019